Home Register Members FAQ

Legendary - new single

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-26-2024, 08:09 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
Absolutely, about who wrote the major part of one song yes it depends, there are various factors...

My point is also that sometimes in some songs "for example Billy Falcon" could start to write one song "after Jon gave him ok", with only a guitar and then when the raw demo of the song is finished he could show it to Jon and then they could continue it/modify it.
Of course, I understand. No one is debating that. I'm just saying the question of "how are songs written" ain't going to have an answer from anyone here.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:34 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post

Beautiful Drug sounds far poppier and more upbeat than anything on 2020 (Barring DWYC) so it makes sense Shanks was involved. I've always thought it was a song-by-song basis. Jon says he did the bulk of One Wild Night on his own and brought it to the rest, Richie helped Jon with the B-section of If I can make a Living....there's no straight answer, every song is different.
Didn't Richie demote the chorus of I Could Make A Living to the song's B-section? There was a promo CD where Jon talked about showing Richie the chorus and Richie went: "Great B-section."
Jon: "No, no, no, that's the chorus!"
Richie again: "Great B-section"
Old 03-26-2024, 08:38 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Didn't Richie demote the chorus of I Could Make A Living to the song's B-section? There was a promo CD where Jon talked about showing Richie the chorus and Richie went: "Great B-section."
Jon: "No, no, no, that's the chorus!"
Richie again: "Great B-section"
I remember the story, but is that on Youtube? I didn't know there was such uhm colorful evidence lol
Old 03-26-2024, 08:58 PM
This Post Feels Right

I can hear Jon saying the words in my head but I can't seem to track down where. I thought it was the Crush EPK but nope.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:38 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
I remember the story, but is that on Youtube? I didn't know there was such uhm colorful evidence lol
It used to be, might've been on that NobodysHero channel that went away. Gotta check at some point if I have a CD copy of it. It was some track-by-track commentary like it also was around for These Days.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:28 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
It used to be, might've been on that NobodysHero channel that went away. Gotta check at some point if I have a CD copy of it. It was some track-by-track commentary like it also was around for These Days.
Yes it's from the Crush Interview CD
https://www.discogs.com/release/9498...Track-by-Track
Old 03-27-2024, 05:16 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Shanks wrote a huge chunk of HAND, including the opening riff. He kicked off the writing of the song and brought some ideas which Jon & Richie then worked on with him.
cool, where did you hear that? I'd be curious to hear Shanks write/produce for a band that isn't afraid of guitars.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:28 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi_cro View Post

I
EDIT: Take example. What do you really think happens when Shanks say to Jon, it would be good on this outro to really go for it, go to your extreme levels of register and just push your vocals? I would say Jon says (as most evidenced, again, on WAN, when he could do it), he feels then he wouldn't be able to reproduce it live. And Shanks agrees (if this is not the case, then Shanks is completely to blame, but I don't think so, it's just his hesitance to push and be a producer and not a songwriting pal). Now imagine on KTF or TD albums if Jon didn't felt too good the day that high part of Something to believe in were recorded. Would you keep nasally toned stuff in there (as Shanks did on choruses of We don't run, copy paste utter criminal negligence) or there would be new days and new recording until it is right?
I just don't see how Shanks can push Jon other than into a river, when there is just nothing left. I think Jon takes a lot of pride in what he does as a singer/songwriter and if he had the ability to go for it he would. Smoking, age, and health issues just don't allow for it anymore. The vocal on Luv Can is the best anyone was gonna get out of Jon for 2020.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:31 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi is an animal View Post
cool, where did you hear that? I'd be curious to hear Shanks write/produce for a band that isn't afraid of guitars.
A Different Kind of Truth - Van Halen is the closest you'll get. His production/guitar playing on Melissa Ethridge's is decent. His work with Keith Urban is pretty guitar heavy too. That's kind of the thing, his other production jobs sound ten times more natural/organic than his work with the band. It's what's so frustrating. It's almost like Jon's voice is filtered to hell and to put it against a natural sounding track it will be too obvious?

Compare his weird ass production with something like this:
It's worlds apart.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 03-27-2024 at 05:35 PM..
Old 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
A Different Kind of Truth - Van Halen is the closest you'll get. His production/guitar playing on Melissa Ethridge's is decent. His work with Keith Urban is pretty guitar heavy too. That's kind of the thing, his other production jobs sound ten times more natural/organic than his work with the band. It's what's so frustrating. It's almost like Jon's voice is filtered to hell and to put it against a natural sounding track it will be too obvious?

Compare his weird ass production with something like this: Always Got Tonight - YouTube

It's worlds apart.
yea, A Different Kind Of Truth will be it, but I was thinking along the lines of something that would be more recent say in the year 2025 with someone like Shinedown maybe, where the singer still has his vocal ability. It would never happen of course, just would be interesting to hear.

Tags
legendary