View Single Post

Old 10-26-2016, 09:09 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

I'm not going to rate it just yet. At this point, it's very much about mentally reconstructing it as a full album. I've been learning these songs via early single song releases on streaming services and digital stores, live performances, and 1:30 minute sample clips. Once upon a time, we'd only have heard the first single/video and then heard the entire album for the first time. Now it's the last part of the process. At this point, the tracks are individual. I need to have the track sequence and how each track is tied to the one preceding and following it fully burned in to my consciousness.

I don't remember how I rated WAN. I remember there was a lot of beating up on the board over the initial positive reaction to it. I don't think it deserves the negative backlash it gets though. It was still an album that showed Jon still had it in him with a number of the tracks eligible for classic status. In the scheme of the catalog, it adds some great tracks.

However, I had immediate reservations about WAN where I don't with THINFS. I can't tell you the last time I actually loved all 4 single releases (technicalities aside for what qualifies as an official single.) Yes, Knockout took some time..but frankly, try blasting that in your car and singing that chorus. As Savvi said, it's ridiculously fun to sing.. and here I was initially annoyed by the chorus.

I don't think rating THINFS extremely high is going to be regretted. This one is special.

Last edited by Bleeding Purist; 10-26-2016 at 09:31 AM..