View Single Post

Old 08-12-2016, 09:10 AM
These Days

Default Let's rate: This Is House Is Not For Sale, the song

So now that everyone who really cares has had a chance to hear it, what are your initial thoughts?

I was really dissapointed that this is what Jon came up with to represent the album that is supposedly his angriest and most personal in a while. What it is, is simply a water down version of the same old formula. As some of you pointed out already - HAND structure and verses + This Is Love, This Is Life chorus. And off course, the lyrics are the same generic non-personal stuff as always (or as Jon likes to call it, "universal").

I give it a 6. Which in some ways is probably the worst rating possible. At least if it was a 3-4, it would mean that they took a risk and failed. But it would've been more interesting nonetheless. Only positives I can say here is that it's catchy and the guitars are decent. But I never for a second doubted Jon's ability to write a catchy melody.

They really should've held onto We Don't Run and do that as a proper single. It would've not been a hit either, but at least it would've built some excitement for the fans.

Last edited by Walleris; 08-12-2016 at 12:43 PM..