View Single Post

Old 11-19-2014, 11:44 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlochty View Post
Sadly, in recent years him writing meant that he had nothing else to do. I wonder, how will he manage to sell the writing process as a cathartic means to get over the Buffalo Bills debacle and connecting this to the everyday problems of his blue collar, working-class audience?
Ha - I was thinking that. I can imagine the interview now. He'll blag the album is about the working man aspiring to reach a dream and falling short. The struggle involved with coming to terms with it, picking yourself up etc etc. Really we all know its about a multi-millionaire kicking his toys out the pram for not being allowed a football team!

As far as a JBJ solo album goes, i've not got alot of interest at this moment. Looking at that photo of him for the humanitarian award that was posted on social media, confirmed to me that he's no longer the charismatic rock front man that brought us all to this forum. He'll produce a sub par acoustic album with shocking lyrics, do a couple of theatre sized shows around the world in 2016/17 and then come back together with the full band for one last world tour a year or two later. Probably to support some form of greatest hits box set.

I'm fast coming to terms with the fact I saw the last great Bon Jovi show back in 2011. I'll never see anything better from them now.