View Single Post

Old 02-11-2016, 10:25 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's my faith View Post
Alright! Some FAQ, feel free to read it.

Q: What's the title of the thread?
A: New Bon Jovi Album
Q: And what are we posting in here?
A: Links and articles about the new album.
Q: And?
A: And we are discussing them, trying to explain them and of course trying to stay IN THE DUCKING TOPIC.

For God's sake, I visit this thread every once in a while and I notice "15 new replies" so I cheer raising my hands in the air thinking "Ooooh a new single should be out, someone posted and now they are all discussing it!". But no, it's an off topic discussion, again.

I have an idea and I request it as a small favor from our beloved admins. Can you please create an off topic section in the Bon Jovi section? In there, everyone who feels like sharing their irrelevant personal view on Jon, Richie, or whatever (or want to reply to someone who did that) could do it freely, openly, and he would be more than welcome. Also, when someone post an irrelevant reply in a thread and if this is possible, the admins could tranfer this reply to that off topic section.***

Stopping the expression of your personal views is NOT what I want. All that I am saying is, do it properly in the proper section. And leave this thread clean for discussing the news about the album.

*** If this is too much work for you, I understand. I also volunteer in being an admin in that section.
Your frustration comes with the fact that there is no new info posted about the new album period.

Understand this board runs in cycles. Richie drama aside, you could probably sum up the relevant information posted within the last 6 months on 2 pages collectively.

This board really isn't a community like others. It only comes alive during a new album and the remaining time is the same 12 people bitching in circles... I find it odd that people can't come up with more interesting topics to discuss..

As a matter of fact, the adverse effect happens closer to the album release date where 10 topics within the same subject are created and information is scattered all over in different section... Then you get the lurkers who only post when they want you to send them the new songs even though they are coming out a day later...

There is a definitely a greed that goes along with the fans, on both sides, and you would think that a band with a 30 year history and with a world wide following would have many more people contributing within other topics. I'm sure people have massive collections that aren't in circulations but yet they tend to hoard them even though they hold no real street value.