View Single Post

Old 03-20-2016, 10:43 PM
These Days

In case anyone is interested, here’s a transcript of the video from the Q&A about the album that was posted over on the “Nashville” thread. The video was originally posted here: (https://www.facebook.com/BonJoviUpda...54017506363834)

The question was already in progress so I picked up with Jon’s response, beginning at 0:13:

“The record’s done. The record is just being mixed now. I’m ecstatic with it. Y’know, if for nothing else, out of pain come great songs. And I’m really, really, really, really happy with the record. I think we’ve got a fantastic representation of who we are at this time. So, the intention, y’know, is to get it out this fall, um, sooner than later, because it’s been sitting, y’know, on my computer forever… But we’re really pleased with it. And then the hope is that we go out early next year. That’s the hope. That’s the hope. February-ISH, right now. Don’t hold me to it. I don’t want to read it on the internet: ‘Jon said February.’ I think it just depends on everybody’s um, health and well-being at that time. Y’know?

"But yeah, the record’s fantastic and it’s still definitely called This House is Not for Sale and it’s definitely… I’m really proud of it. It’s all about our integrity, and … I read an article today. Somebody, like some hitmaker and they were like, ‘nobody listens to the lyrics anyway!’ I was like (flips the guy off and mouths like “FU”,“Whaddya mean ‘nobody listens…?’ and flips him off again), ‘I’m working hard on this shit!’

"Y’know, anyhow, it, it’s really good. It’s something I’m ecstatic with. I…I… See, the bitch is, in this day and age, I can’t play it ‘cause you guys would record it and put it out today. So I can’t even sit here with my phone and go, ‘listen to this.’ But I got it. All I can say is, ‘I got it.'

"Alright, next question…”

I didn’t hear the reference to ‘they sobered up and we’re back home’ though. Must have happened at a different point in the Q&A.

Edited for corrections after seeing a better quality video shot from a different angle. Corrections in yellow.

Last edited by JackieBlue; 03-22-2016 at 04:55 PM..