Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Bon Jovi Album: This House Is Not For Sale (2016)

New Bon Jovi Releases

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 09:59 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
Shanks keeps on teasing us: he posted a new pic of himself + Jon in front of a Keith Haring painting... but not a word about the album. Are they still working on it or just hanging out? Suspense suspense!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBjPyFKhSN1/
Jon look about 68 in this pic. He looks older than Tico and Bobby put together.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
You don't mean to but you are!!! Obviously nobody knows yet.
Nah, I'm still far from JBJ levels

Quote:
Burning Bridges was a nice surprise which was a shit album according to Jon considering he said that he's got a really great album to give us next...

What makes an album great to me is...... Passion, Production, and Delivery. I have a gut feeling that Jon figured out at least 2 of the 3. BB had some passion especially on Teardrop, Jon actually sounded pretty decent vocally so maybe they discovered some no studio vocal trickery. And finally, going back to the old studio could be an important step for sound and production.
Indeed. But you said it, Jon didn't think too much of it, apparently (I think he changed the tune WHEN people started asking more questions, not because he thought it merited more support) and his track record in saying absolute bullshit about albums is indisputable. So I am not optimistic.

Until he says Teardrop or Fingerprints are the direction of the new album, I will remain pretty skeptic. Don't see how they can convince their new management they are still hot shit if they release another BB. They have to aim for another #1 record (even if it's #300 next week) and #1 tour. Period

(Not what I want at all, but let's be realistic)

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 02-10-2016, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joysey View Post
I hear you, Dear Jovi Talk Member with a name, I know, but there's a problem or 2 with your theory: Jon might have an ink pen but he doesn't use it to write letters to his fans, the letters are typed by an intern from a memo written by Jon's PR (the same who tells the intern to tweet messages such as, "buy our merchandise, get an incredible 20% off this week! Oh and BTW, happy Bday David!")... and I'm not sure there's a fireplace in Jon's new condo, it's so small...

Maybe they could have changed the name to BJ FC 27 years ago so that the critics would have believed they were a real band and die-hard fans wouldn't go postal every time they see or hear a critic or a journalist or a BJ virgin say "he" when they talk about BJ-the band. But I (we) digress and it's a touchy hence dangerous subject to tackle on this board.
The thing is, it doesn't matter to me, never has. Maybe because I always thought that Jon was the boss and the others did what he wanted. I'm sure I read something along those lines in the 90s (or maybe it was the journalist's interpretation), and frankly I'd rather be Tico and swim in a pool of $$$ while sipping champagne in my free time than be Mr-control-freak-can't-stay-at-home-more-than-a-month. Being Jon has its perks I'm sure, but I always get the impression that the guy is one step away from burnout. Let him have those ego massaging moments if he wants. Does it really matter if all the others signed those letters and scribbled a few words if they don't have any input in the albums? See, that's what it doesn't matter to me at all. The album thing on the other hand...

What bothers me (that's on topic, sorry mods for the previous off topic) is his empty "you, me, us, the power of we, blah blah blah" and then that distance. I don't expect him to knock at my door if I became a member, but from what I've experienced/heard, fanclubs (specially the expensive ones) make an effort to cater to the fans (and in this case, that would be a discussion for another thread). I'm sure fans don't care getting more and better letters even if they know it's just the interns working overtime. And that translates to the music: the same coldness, distance, that emptiness when you listen to the songs. They are wrapped in a pretty, powerful message, but there's nothing on the inside. All the energy went into saying a lot without really saying anything worth the effort. Jon has become an expert in saying many many big words to hide the lack of passion behind them.

Pretty optimistic, aren't I? Oh, but how I wish they prove me wrong...

We know Jon, we know
Old 02-10-2016, 12:04 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Couldn't care less what the fan club is called or who it is named after.

Couldn't care less if Jon took a shit and wrote the letter with it.

Couldn't care less about photos of JBJ & Shanks unless they are in the studio.

All I care about is how the new album will sound and how they sound when they tour.

Some people look way too much into things and get themselves into a massive hissy fight over nothing. Jon may have said quotes, he may not have. Does it really matter? What he could say is absolute lies. He could tell the truth. Who knows? But all I care about is how the album will sound like I said.

Stop getting into stupid petty little arguments over things that not that many people care about. Sort it out over private message if you are that bothered. Nobody else is. Or like captainjovi said, start a new thread about it somewhere to see who does care.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Jovi FANatic

Jon adapts his personality as he goes. Even if the record is good Jon has become the servant of the fan club. The servant of the people who pay a months salary to see him.

Even if there are good songs on the album it is not music or rock n roll for me anymore. It is a self-indulging mega-show.

It represents the opposite of what music means to me. If the music is good it is only an act.

I am out. I migh buy cheep seats to watch one show and take it as a movie.

Jon talks about integrity and lives the opposite.
He is loyal to you if you are in the fan club and kiss his ass.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post

All I care about is how the new album will sound and how they sound when they tour.

Some people look way too much into things and get themselves into a massive hissy fight over nothing. Jon may have said quotes, he may not have. Does it really matter? What he could say is absolute lies. He could tell the truth. Who knows? But all I care about is how the album will sound like I said.

Stop getting into stupid petty little arguments over things that not that many people care about. Sort it out over private message if you are that bothered. Nobody else is. Or like captainjovi said, start a new thread about it somewhere to see who does care.
this....................
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-11-2016, 09:30 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
Jon adapts his personality as he goes. Even if the record is good Jon has become the servant of the fan club. The servant of the people who pay a months salary to see him.

Even if there are good songs on the album it is not music or rock n roll for me anymore. It is a self-indulging mega-show.

It represents the opposite of what music means to me. If the music is good it is only an act.

You are too serious about JBJ. I recommend you to research some other artists' behaviour. You will find many similarities.
Hit the sunrise, scared the daylight out of me...
Old 02-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post

You said you are done in another thread about a kitchen. Why are you still here? Log off, delete Jovitalk from your favourites. Its that simple.
Sorry if i sound brutal but for someone who is done you are still here. Why?
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 02-11-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post

Don’t know if you were referring to me but other than the tongue-in-cheek bit, I’m dead serious about the FC thing. Not to be nitpicky I swear, to me it’s the perfect example of how the MUSIC it’s not a priority to Jon. We could talk if you want about outrageous pricing VS quality of the tour, mediocre records just to keep getting #1 VS believing in those albums and so on, and we’ll be talking about the same, really. It’s not about Jon being the only name on the FC thing or his “me me me” attitude, it’s about the damage he’s doing to his legacy by phoning in, collecting the check and see ya next album/tour. This is truly the last chance to break this cycle, but I have that nagging feeling that we’ll get the same but Jon, being the old sly fox he is, throws the diehards a bone in the form of “going back to the old studio= going back to the sound the fans want” to sell his product, to get another #1 record to add to the statistics to sell the tour and keep the promoters happy. There lies the problem, he shouldn’t have to sell it, he should believe in it and be more humble, expect criticism and don’t be a damn kiss ass to the casuals, critics, media. etc, trying to please ONLY the ones that praise him. He even shouldn’t be trying to please the diehards, just make damn music as he feels it.

I may be bitching and moaning until we have concrete news about the album, but it's not because that's how I like to spend my time, it's years and years and years of disappointment and frankly, I'd even say heartbreak. I guess the longest you've been a fan, the more jaded you are. But I'm here because I care (not to be mistaken with because I can *wink*), because at the end of the day I know they have it in them and I want to support them. but yeah, when you see apparently nothing has changed, the disappointment rears it ugly head again and i'ts difficult to see the glass half full

We know Jon, we know
Old 02-11-2016, 08:40 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
Don’t know if you were referring to me but other than the tongue-in-cheek bit, I’m dead serious about the FC thing. Not to be nitpicky I swear, to me it’s the perfect example of how the MUSIC it’s not a priority to Jon. We could talk if you want about outrageous pricing VS quality of the tour, mediocre records just to keep getting #1 VS believing in those albums and so on, and we’ll be talking about the same, really. It’s not about Jon being the only name on the FC thing or his “me me me” attitude, it’s about the damage he’s doing to his legacy by phoning in, collecting the check and see ya next album/tour. This is truly the last chance to break this cycle, but I have that nagging feeling that we’ll get the same but Jon, being the old sly fox he is, throws the diehards a bone in the form of “going back to the old studio= going back to the sound the fans want” to sell his product, to get another #1 record to add to the statistics to sell the tour and keep the promoters happy. There lies the problem, he shouldn’t have to sell it, he should believe in it and be more humble, expect criticism and don’t be a damn kiss ass to the casuals, critics, media. etc, trying to please ONLY the ones that praise him. He even shouldn’t be trying to please the diehards, just make damn music as he feels it.

I may be bitching and moaning until we have concrete news about the album, but it's not because that's how I like to spend my time, it's years and years and years of disappointment and frankly, I'd even say heartbreak. I guess the longest you've been a fan, the more jaded you are. But I'm here because I care (not to be mistaken with because I can *wink*), because at the end of the day I know they have it in them and I want to support them. but yeah, when you see apparently nothing has changed, the disappointment rears it ugly head again and i'ts difficult to see the glass half full
It was to whoever has been moaning in this thread about what I said so if you was one of them then yeah, you was one of the people it was aimed at.

I remember your first post on here. I liked it. You were saying how you went off the band and then came Burning Bridges and it got your hopes up again or whatever. Since then, you've been nothing but negative yet your a new member. I don't understand. If you was a member on here for a while and came back, I would understand. But instead you came after BB because you quite liked it but now you act like that album didn't exist.

I see what you are saying about how Jon should only be doing this due to his own passion but how do you know he isn't? This is what I am trying to say on here. People are acting like they have heard the album and are writing it off already. Why? Just wait for it and see what you think when you put it on.

I get that things aren't as good, we all do. It's the way people act that winds me up. If you don't like the band, go onto other things. I'm 22 years old, I have been a big fan since the age of 7. I'm not hurt by the fact they don't deliver things I want. I still really like a lot of what they release but I don't get upset when I hear things I dislike.

Kev will back me up on here. I have always said that I see Bon Jovi as I do Liverpool FC. Tons of success, have the potential to still be a great team but they aren't what they used to be. Does that mean I stop supporting them? Of course not. To me, if I'm a big fan, I intend to stay that way. If Liverpool was to get relegated would I stop supporting them? No! If Bon Jovi release another poor album will I stop being a fan? No!

How people can say they are heartbroken is ridiculous. Many more things in the world to worry about.

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Closed Thread