View Single Post

Old 03-30-2024, 02:24 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
I read in some comments that say because in Japan albums “I think it’s referred to physical albums”are more expensive, so theoretically could be more convenient for people there buy physical albums from abroad.

To incentivize people to buy physical albums in the local market they add bonus tracks and sometimes also exclusive cool stuff only for that country.
This is true. It stems back from the price differences between the USA, Europe and Japan. Originally, the price of a new CD in the USA was roughly 15 USD while that same CD cost 20 USD in Europe and then 30 to 35 in Japan.

Prices have now changed significantly and differences are smaller. However, looking at Amazon, Bon Jovi forever costs 14 USD while on CDJapan the same album is 17 USD.

Japanese people are also a lot more interested in collectables and deluxe editions. It's really easy to get a regular pressing of a disc on the second hand market, but the collectable issues (with the Obi, the paper sleeve around the jewelcase) are more difficult to get.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan