View Single Post

Old 04-18-2024, 05:44 PM
Suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Billy Falcon's religious leanings kinda make these songs less sweet than they should be. He has basically taken a headfirst deep dive into serious street prophet stuff.
They have a way with the writing that keeps it open to interpretation at times. As a Christian I quite enjoy much of it. Although I'm more conservative than Billy and Jon. But I'm also a reformed Baptist. So I can't vibe with a lot of the Catholic imagery Jon uses. And Billy is far too into the charismatic nonsense. Theologically Billy has some bad views. But in some of his songs, the lyrics still sound great at times. Nonetheless, Luv Can is a fantastic song! When I hear it, I substitute Luv with "Christ."

I love the Billy Falcon/JBJ collaborations though. Some are better than others. Hit or miss. But generally speaking they write well crafted songs like Just Older, Everybody's Broken, Amen, Teardrop To The Sea, THINFS, Last Man Standing, Mystery Train, Undivided, Who Would You Die For, TWTWMM, Fingerprints, Born Again Tomorrow, Shine, The Devil's In The Temple, I Will Drive You Home, and Beautiful Drug to name some more.