Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

New Studio Album - Forever

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-17-2024, 02:25 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
It's Wikipedia. What do ASCAP and BMI say?
I dug a bit. None of the new-er songs have been registered. the source was a post on the BJ reddit page who got their information from genius.com's lyric section sooooo it feels very grain-of-salt-y for now.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:43 PM
Next 100 Posts

I've been looking for some Japanese news.
I've found a few interesting bits.
Blue Moment (Japanese Drama)
Theme Song
Bon Jovi “Legendary”
The drama series releases in April (first episode on April 10th).

Also from universal Japan (translated by Google):
"It won't be long before we can hear the new anthem ``Legendary'' at a concert, which will have the whole venue singing along as one."
...and about the japanese album release:
"Details of domestic edition will be announced at a later date."
https://www.universal-music.co.jp/bo...ws/2024-03-15/
Old 03-17-2024, 04:01 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
I seen on one draft of Italian wikipedia that Ed Sheeran is listed as co-writer of the song Living In Paradise.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozza:Forever_(Bon_Jovi))
so many co-writers... why don't sit down with phil and write a ****ing song to bring a little bit the rock back? i was hoping at least for one jon/phil collaboration it's criminal that jon doesn't include him in the songwriting process
who the **** needs so many jon/shanks or jon/falcon songs?
Old 03-17-2024, 04:54 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
so many co-writers... why don't sit down with phil and write a ****ing song to bring a little bit the rock back? i was hoping at least for one jon/phil collaboration it's criminal that jon doesn't include him in the songwriting process
who the **** needs so many jon/shanks or jon/falcon songs?
Judging by The Drills I think Jon and Phil come from a very different place as song writers...

Last edited by Thinny; 03-17-2024 at 05:50 PM..
Old 03-17-2024, 05:13 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Judging by The Drills I think Jon and Richie come from a very different place as song writers...
Jon and Phil. But yeah, I don't think it'd match either.
And it's becoming tedious. Bon Jovi only was a rock band 'cause rock was the vehicle to make them popular at the time. And that was 80's / early 90's, so three decades ago. These Days was already more ballads than rock music and from 2000 onwards, it's been pop with diminishing rock elements on each album.
Jon never was about guitar-heavy rock in the first place. Look at the Powerstation demos, that's the kind of music he emulated. The stuff he played with the KOS. And now that Richie's gone, he has no need to find a niche for some guitar sounds he wasn't too keen on in the first place anyway. It's just a fact.
I'm not a big fan of the song either, but Bon Jovi has always been about pop music and anyone who still think they'll come out of the woodworks with a riff-heavy, hard-rocking album is delusional.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:25 PM
Jovi Addict

When some BJ songs have some co-writers (mostly occasional and new) it means that the major part of the job in the writing process it was made it by them, not Jon right?
Old 03-17-2024, 05:32 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Adam D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post

And it's becoming tedious. Bon Jovi only was a rock band 'cause rock was the vehicle to make them popular at the time. And that was 80's / early 90's, so three decades ago. These Days was already more ballads than rock music and from 2000 onwards, it's been pop with diminishing rock elements on each album.

Jon never was about guitar-heavy rock in the first place. Look at the Powerstation demos, that's the kind of music he emulated. The stuff he played with the KOS. And now that Richie's gone, he has no need to find a niche for some guitar sounds he wasn't too keen on in the first place anyway. It's just a fact.

I'm not a big fan of the song either, but Bon Jovi has always been about pop music and anyone who still think they'll come out of the woodworks with a riff-heavy, hard-rocking album is delusional.
You said it much better than I, a few posts ago.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Slippery When Wet
The Circle
Crush
Have A Nice Day
Lost Highway
What About Now
Bounce
7800 Fahrenheit
Bon Jovi

"Each song played was just another example of how ingenious these guys are at writing choruses that make you feel like there’s a big game tomorrow, that you’re the underdog, and that you’re going to win."
Old 03-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Just perfectly put.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:48 PM
Jovi Addict

Maybe my thought is against the grain, but i would like also a song co-wrote with Hugh.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:49 PM
Something for the Posts

Talking

Quote:
Jon and Phil.
Haha yeah, whoops, obviously meant Phil.

Tags
forever (album)