Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Sirius XM Bon Jovi Radio - Miami Secret Show

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 01-12-2017, 02:45 AM
Dry County

I really respect everyone's opinions about Jon's voice here, but I'm having a hard time wondering how could one consider this a "decent" performance. His tone in awful, he's off key most of the time, he doesn't sing any high notes but rather tries to shout them, and he's glued to the mic stand, no energy at all. If Jon wasn't so greedy for money, he would have called it a day. I'm so hlad I went to a lot of the 2010-2011 shows, that was the very last of the real Bon Jovi left.

Last edited by efpg0708; 01-12-2017 at 02:47 AM..

Old 01-12-2017, 03:56 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I don't consider it greedy for money to decide to keep going. He had something to say with the new album and I'm stoked they decided to keep going. His voice is in rough shape and I don't know if I'll spend money seeing the tour but I'm super happy with the album.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
I really respect everyone's opinions about Jon's voice here, but I'm having a hard time wondering how could one consider this a "decent" performance. His tone in awful, he's off key most of the time, he doesn't sing any high notes but rather tries to shout them, and he's glued to the mic stand, no energy at all. If Jon wasn't so greedy for money, he would have called it a day. I'm so hlad I went to a lot of the 2010-2011 shows, that was the very last of the real Bon Jovi left.
Its completely terrible . Embarrassing. If you cant sing it properly ,mime it as far as im concerned . Or just dont do it . Sing the newer songs you are capable of Jon . I would be embarrassed to bring a friend to a bj gig now days .
Old 01-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I've heard Jon wanted to give up when Richie left the band but Shanks encouraged him to keep going. We have a decent album, albeit not mind blowing or outstanding in their discography. On the bad side, Jon's voice has been exposed like never before. No delusions, no disappointment.

I'm not going to any of their concerts but I do enjoy most of their music at home.

Jon is not a newbie to lip syncing and playback but now he's trying so hard to prove he can sing live. Maybe too hard.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:54 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBrad View Post
Its completely terrible . Embarrassing. If you cant sing it properly ,mime it as far as im concerned . Or just dont do it . Sing the newer songs you are capable of Jon . I would be embarrassed to bring a friend to a bj gig now days .
But doing any of those options would have him lynched. No one will agree with you he's better off lipsynching, that's insane. If he went out there and just sang the newer songs can you imagine what would happen?
Old 01-13-2017, 05:07 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
This.

Except for the first sentence. I personally don't respect any other opinion on Jon's voice. Those that try to defend him as "not that bad" are half-deaf and those that "don't care about his voice" just have have no demand for excellence that used to be a Bon Jovi live show for the first 25 years of their career.

Last edited by Walleris; 01-13-2017 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 11:08 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
just have have no demand for excellence that used to be a Bon Jovi live show for the first 25 years of their career.
I think that's a very prominent trend amongst defenders of "the brand" it also goes for the people who say Phil X is in anyway fit to fill Richie's shoes.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:37 PM
The Distance

All the above is such shit... I don't go to a show to hear excellence... I go to a show to have a good time... this isn't The X Factor singing competition. It's a rock concert... Trust me, it sucks and I'm pissed that Jon can't do what he used to but it is what it is... There is still a killer band behind him including Phil... Phil has more enthusiastic and provides more energy than Richie ever had... I know I say this all the time and I'll say it again... Jon's voice comes across much different being there live... and personally I like the new songs... I'm excited to hear them live... Jon is 55 and although there are some that could do it better at that age, there are a lot more who do it worse or can't even do it at all... I'm glad that at my age, I can still go to see Bon Jovi and walk away saying that was pretty ****ing good and I had a great time... Call me a simpleton but 70 bucks and night out isn't anything to get up in arms about...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2017, 01:41 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
I think that's a very prominent trend amongst defenders of "the brand" it also goes for the people who say Phil X is in anyway fit to fill Richie's shoes.
I don't that's an accurate comparison. Phil is a different guy, but a great guitar player in its own right and delivers on stage. It sucks that Richie's not there for authenticity/legacy reasons, but given the shape he's in these days, the shows don't really suffer musically from his absence. It's all Jon. I would still support (with my money) this incarnation Bon Jovi in 2017 if Jon delivered decent vocals and interesting setlist.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:11 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I don't that's an accurate comparison. Phil is a different guy, but a great guitar player in its own right and delivers on stage. It sucks that Richie's not there for authenticity/legacy reasons, but given the shape he's in these days, the shows don't really suffer musically from his absence. It's all Jon. I would still support (with my money) this incarnation Bon Jovi in 2017 if Jon delivered decent vocals and interesting setlist.
So you're okay with the guitar parts and backing vocals sounding very different to the classic sound? That's something I can't get over. I suppose it's just personal taste in this case.