View Single Post

Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

If I can get them anyone can. They're not that hard to get. They've even been uploaded at dimeadozen a few times now, I think. But what you're saying is that you'd rather pay for that stuff to get them with some artwork instead of just downloading them for free because they leaked them on purpose?

I think I once even send you the demo's, you once gave me your adress didn't you? Anyway, there's no point in remastering something that's available in good quality. They remastered the demo of Prayer yet it doesn't sound a whole lot different compared to what was out there anyway.

Had the demo's from the 80's not been ignored we would've had less songs we'd never heard before. I'd rather get new songs in good quality than old songs I already have. That's why it was a good thing they even released some different takes on old b-sides.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
In my book a boxset should give the full picture, important B-sides (some of them made it to the box, other didn't), then those songs that are floating around but not as easy to get for everyone, and then of course unheard stuff. On 4 CDs there was plenty of space for that! Those unreleased songs are good enough to deserve the spot, and the easy access would justify it as well. I have the songs, but in crappy quality. I've never found a decent download.
On a sidenote, not all of those unheard songs on the boxset are that good. Some of them could really have stayed in the vault... well, especially since others did that I would like to have in decent quality for once.