View Single Post

Old 04-11-2024, 01:34 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
The problem for Richie is only one person decides that in the context of the band. Jon is implying that Richie was trying to make the whole operation stop or slow down. That seems unlikely to me but let's see.
Maybe not turning up that night, Richie expected Jon to cancel. Maybe that's what he means, rather than stopping the band.

Quote:
Yes and no. I genuinely don't think Jon would shut it all down during a tour. Stopping touring is slightly different to what Richie did. We sometimes forget Richie did drop the rest of the band and the crew in it when he left, whatever the reasons.
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure it was made clear before the WAN tour that Richie (and maybe Tico too) wanted/needed to slow down. If Jon doesn't want to fine, find a way around it. The problem with Jon is that there is no compromise I think. It's his way or you're out.

Quote:
Yeah, it seems that way. But we already know this, the question is why Jon decided enough is enough. Was it due to increasing creative differences, or Jon pushing the band more towards a solo thing, or was it because Richie had burned more bridges than we know about.
That's what I hope the documentary will clear up, but I have my doubts.