View Single Post

Old 04-17-2024, 01:35 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Yeah, that exactly my point. All of that stuff was way before the split and before he went into rehab. That's why I don't buy the Richie couldn't play thing. He's using stuff from 6 or 7 years before, to justify it.
Going out on a limb here, but hear me out.

After Richie came back from rehab (after the LH tour thing), I remember him or Jon basically saying something to the effect of that Jon got him sober. I remember people on here saying it was in bad taste for Jon to take credit for getting Richie sober.

If his playing had anything to do with Richie's second exit, Jon may have a) remembered the unplugged fiasco and b) taken Richie starting to slip off the wagon again rather personally.

Keep in mind that this all falls, timeline wise, into the peak of Jon's asshole years ("I am the CEO", "I am gonna buy a football team - drop your solo activities!"). He may have felt like a very benevolent CEO to even allow Richie to tour solo at all, and felt like him then showing up even slightly drunk was unacceptable.

Who knows. But IMO, Richie was far from the weak link during the WAN tour (when he was with them).