View Single Post

Old 04-17-2024, 10:27 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Here's a question that may or may not belong in this thread.

I see people annoyed that JBJ dictates the conversation and what can be asked. He chooses the topics and what he wants to be asked so he can give the answer he planned on giving. But I also see him getting topics that seem to annoy him and the RS stuff. Does it depend on the show he's on and whats off topic or is one or the other? The amount RS gets brought up, he either wants to be ask that or he has no control over the questions, right?
I sincerely don't think he has meaningful control nowadays. Before, power of record company was prominent, as was the pull of the band. Also, access was very vertical/hierarchical. But now I think Jon is happy when media is interested, and perhaps there are more subtle considerations like can we tone down this topic etc. Having said so, he's now riding this my weakness is my selling point (while before, anything controversial would be no go, especially voice or band problems).

Though I do think that this Sambora saga is not something he prefers, but perhaps understands necessary to get to mainstream attention. However, I am a bit perplexed in his acceptance to not promote a bit more new single and album in these several interviews.