View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 02:37 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post

Regarding Richie's schedule. Why are we arbiters of how exhausted he is, how impacted by his life weighing on his schedule he is? At the end of the day, if he says he is spent he is spent. My personal thing is he just didn't want an album cycle at that stage, for a multitude of reasons.
Exactly this.

Ultimately, what Richie did wrong is way that he did his exit, not exit itself. I can understand whatever reasons he gives or doesn't give. We are too critical of them thinking they owe us something, it's his life and his decision. Now finally he apologized for the way it happened. So, the blame game for me is closed with that.

For myself, I'm still not sure was his exit rash decision or rational long-brewing decision (not just the way it happened). Obviously he was unhappy though. He says he's not sorry for it, but with hindsight, I'm not sure. But probably doesn't matter, it's again personal.

For what it's worth, it's different context for everybody now. Both Richie and Jon are humbled with last decade of time, for different reasons. Hopefully reunion is due.