View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 06:11 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovi98 View Post
Bobby was also in the 2004 boxset sessions to finish at least one song "I Get A Rush".
If it's an unusual project, that's fine. But if we're talking about a new album... damn, Bon Jovi were a band of 5, like U2 or Metallica are a band of 4. By changing that, we lost an energy and a speed. Since then the shows are not so visceral, they have not had that dirty and at the same time intense thing. Since then it feels safer and more boring. I never liked that safety net, that nervous and dangerous thing was lost.

I think if they were 5, they would have had to concentrate more, I think Richie wouldn't have let his guard down so much, and he wouldn't have lost focus so much, who knows. I liked that work dynamic better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD135 View Post
It's still on Jon's shoulders at the end of the day. Shanks isn't involved without his support. Sounds like Jon tried to be strict with Richie by making it clear they would do the work if he was late or not there on a certain day. WAN is bland and you can hear Richie's influence diminished as compared to The Circle.

I also don't agree with that work dynamic. If Jon does that with every member, then he shouldn't fill his mouth with loyalty, since he isn't respecting the task of his bandmates. I don't buy Jon's cheap philosophy.

If one member late, he's late, you can always be angry with him, but looking for a substitute to do his part of the work is crossing a much more dangerous line than a delay in the recording process of a album. Real bands don't cross that line.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 04-28-2024 at 06:25 PM..