View Single Post

Old 04-28-2024, 08:50 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post

Let's be honest, we didn't need a second guitarist. Post-2000 albums increasingly lack guitars.
That's kind of the thing...that's not true. Msot of the post 2000 albums Bounce forward lack clarity in the guitars, but there are guitar stacked and stacked and stacked on top of each other. HAND's live lineup is directly because of the Bounce tour. David triggered guitar samples all over ther place for the new songs. Hook me up's lead line is a sample, Undivided's backing guitar is a sample, The Distance's lead guitar part in the intro is a sample.

HAND, as a song, has three to four guitars I can count, one baritone guitar, one distorted and one overdriven etc etc. The issue the current production style has caused has more to do with needing so many guitars on stage so it doesn't sound weak.

I don't think Jon is good enough of a guitar player to handle the auxiliary role Bobby played. The main lick of Whole lot of Leaving is an acoustic with a capo on the second fret tuned open E. But I've always thought Bobby was always there to asisst on guitar and fill up the band vocally.

To think Jon was trying to edge Richie out as early as 2005 is a wild wild wild wild theory I don't think holds water.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 04-28-2024 at 09:06 PM..