Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Thank You, Goodnight: The Bon Jovi Story, coming to Hulu

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-26-2024, 11:00 AM
Something for the Posts

If it's a fair discussion fine. In the documentary fine, if it's done right. It was distasteful for Jon to talk about it in an interview like that in my opinion. He could have gone about it in a different way.

Not sure how many people here were actually fans when Alec was in the band, I would expect that I'm one of the few, and for me it just felt unnecessary at this point.

Anything that he thinks will make the documentary seem more interesting is fair game now I guess..

Those interview teasing a Richie reunion is more of the same. He has no intention of reuniting with Richie, but he knows that's what the press will pick up on and will give him the vital exposure he needs to promote the documentary....but I get it, it's all part of the promo game.

Last edited by Thinny; 03-26-2024 at 11:49 AM..

Old 03-26-2024, 11:38 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Funny how for some Jon can never get anything right, no matter the subject
Old 03-26-2024, 11:49 AM
Something for the Posts

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Funny how for some Jon can never get anything right, no matter the subject
Roll away, please...

I have been positive towards Jon when I felt he warranted it many, many times on here if you bother to read my posts.

All he needed to say was "Alec had an accident on his bike and was having some health issues and he couldn't cut it in a live situation anymore. We was never a studio guy, and Hugh was doing the albums already, so it was time to bring him into the live situation". End of. That would have been a much classier response.

I hope that the Doc covera Alec's RAW magazine interview in the Doc too as we all know that that had a lot to do with his removal from the "organisation" too.

Now where Richie is concerned - I think people know that we only have half a story there. I think they should both be extremely candid about what happened there when it comes to the documentary. And I really hope that they are!

Last edited by Thinny; 03-26-2024 at 11:59 AM..
Old 03-26-2024, 12:14 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Roll away, please...

I have been positive towards Jon when I felt he warranted it many, many times on here if you bother to read my posts.

All he needed to say was "Alec had an accident on his bike and was having some health issues and he couldn't cut it in a live situation anymore. We was never a studio guy, and Hugh was doing the albums already, so it was time to bring him into the live situation". End of. That would have been a much classier response.

I hope that the Doc covera Alec's RAW magazine interview in the Doc too as we all know that that had a lot to do with his removal from the "organisation" too.

Now where Richie is concerned - I think people know that we only have half a story there. I think they should both be extremely candid about what happened there when it comes to the documentary. And I really hope that they are!

I mean this is true to be honest. I'm not so emotionally involved with Alec situation, but I understand where you're coming from. Let's also not forget other very sketchy situations, you mentioned some, but also Obie scandal that was shut down (I think) with help of Jon. I don't think all of dirty laundry is getting in documentary by any means, but that what gets because the truth umbrella, should indeed be done with respect

EDIT: Also, there was Doc McGhee situation

Last edited by bonjovi_cro; 03-26-2024 at 12:16 PM..
Old 03-26-2024, 01:14 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi_cro View Post
I mean this is true to be honest. I'm not so emotionally involved with Alec situation, but I understand where you're coming from. Let's also not forget other very sketchy situations, you mentioned some, but also Obie scandal that was shut down (I think) with help of Jon. I don't think all of dirty laundry is getting in documentary by any means, but that what gets because the truth umbrella, should indeed be done with respect

EDIT: Also, there was Doc McGhee situation
I think the Obie and Doc situation....your average viewer doesn't know who they are (or care), while they will show up in the documentary it's not going to go into their stories in any depth. It's going to focus on the member sof the band. The Doc situation might get a brief mention with regards to the Moscow Peace Festival.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:47 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Yes, I hope the documentary gives Jon's side of the story. Richie has said why he left and I think at this point made it clear he would be back if he could. I want to hear more from Jon besides the old "gotta come to work" stuff.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:54 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Yes, I hope the documentary gives Jon's side of the story. Richie has said why he left and I think at this point made it clear he would be back if he could. I want to hear more from Jon besides the old "gotta come to work" stuff.
Neither of them have told the full story yet, I guarentee it.
Old 03-26-2024, 11:28 PM
Posting everyday

Jon had addressed the Alec topic back in 2012 in Masterclass already and basically stated the same as now. It was still respectful and if that's the way the documentary will deal with it, then it's fine in my eyes. One should keep in mind that both Jon and Richie had both basically said the same thing (back then more Richie than Jon) in "Behind The Music" in 2000 and then again Jon in 2012.
Here's the part where he talks about it:
Old 03-26-2024, 11:38 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Jon had addressed the Alec topic back in 2012 in Masterclass already and basically stated the same as now. It was still respectful and if that's the way the documentary will deal with it, then it's fine in my eyes. One should keep in mind that both Jon and Richie had both basically said the same thing (back then more Richie than Jon) in "Behind The Music" in 2000 and then again Jon in 2012.
Here's the part where he talks about it:
Jon Bon Jovi - " Interview On Oprah's Master Class OWN " (2012) - YouTube
Well, that's quite different from the new interview and much more respectful. If Jon had said that I wouldn't have had a problem with it. There is no suggestion of "some of the things he was doing led to his inability to perform"...

Interesting in this interview there is no mention of him playing live, but blames the reason for Alec's dismissal on the fact he couldn't play on the new Cross Road songs. We all know now that Alec hadn't played on hardly anything in the studio from the beginning. I'm pretty sure this was common knowledge between fans way before 2012.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:30 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Another email has been sent out to UK fans:

WIN A MEET & GREET
PLUS TWO TICKETS TO ATTEND THE UK PREMIERE OF
THANK YOU GOODNIGHT: THE BON JOVI STORY

Pre-order* Forever on any format before 12:00pm BST on 3rd April 2024 to be in with a chance of winning a meet & greet and two tickets to attend the UK premiere of Thank You Goodnight: The Bon Jovi Story

*UK residents only. Entrants must be over 18. If you pre-ordered the album before 12:00PM GMT on 27th March 2024 you can enter this prize draw by following the instructions on the Bon Jovi webstore. After this time, all orders made will be automatically entered into this prize draw. Terms & Conditions apply.

Tags
thank you goodnight