View Single Post

Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I think Richie taking a 'Nashville Influenced" direction is a great idea and the right decision from a marketing standpoint.. there is nothing Richie could offer the rock world right now. Even his masterpiece Stranger In This Town was a flop so a rock album by Richie in 2016 would be DOA, with the exception of the 20 rock fans he has on this board... Jon and Richie are songwriters and thats what the country scene is all about. Simple rock songs with a hook and twang... Maybe with a producer like Bob Rock, they could add additional elements...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Actually, I agree with this. Nashville is far more welcoming than pop/rock radio to established artists.

As far as "Boy Gets a Truck" by Keith Urban, I think it sounds like Luke Bryan Bro-Country reject that some record exec decided Keith should record (since it's one of the songs on the album he didn't write/co-write) because he doesn't do Bro Country and it's a piece of crap and I would hate for anyone to listen to it and think it's a typical Keith song. He's way more talented than THAT. Listen to Break on Me or Wasted Time instead.