View Single Post

Old 05-28-2016, 05:26 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
... I know that Doc McGee is now representing him, I don't like to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the timing is very weird, oh well, I could be wrong.
I think it's coincidental. I can't imagine what people think Richie would gain by releasing this album at the same time the new Jovi album comes out. Why would he want to deliberately put himself in competition with a band that has a much greater following than he does on his own (and a frontman who Richie himself said has an "it" factor that he will never have) for support from the same fan base, many of whom have already turned on him like a pack of wolves and who make no secret of the fact that they have no further use for him?

The only reason I've seen mentioned is the possibility of increased PR opportunities that might come his way because of a coinciding release of the two albums; but any benefit there would be totally negated by the ugliness resurrected with every unavoidable reference to the split.

No matter how opportunistic or conniving people may think Richie (or Doc) is, it just doesn't make sense to me.

As for "sounding like a conspiracy theorist", I wouldn't worry about it. As long as your theories don't cast Jon in a less-than-flattering light, point out contradictions in the things he says, or suggest that Jovi mythology is anything less than the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God, then the conspiracy police don't pay too much attention.