View Single Post

Old 05-29-2016, 02:47 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
... So my whole conspiracy theory thing wasn't on Richie, it was more on Doc McGee. He knows Richie very well, since the early years of Bon Jovi, and I think he might take advantage of Richie, knowing how he is, and maybe Doc might use the Jon/Richie split as a way to give Richie some press for his album, I don't know, but I always felt there was something shady about Doc McGee...
I agree with a lot of your points and I wasn't calling you out specifically. I understood that you were referring to Doc more than Richie. But several people have already suggested that Richie might be delaying the release of his album to take advantage of Jovi press to promote himself, so I was just explaining why that concept makes no sense to me. You just happened to be the lucky one who posted on a long weekend when I had time to respond!

I agree that Richie sometimes seems too trusting and I wish he had a better handle on the business end of things than he seems to have at times. Doc clearly was a crook at one time and may, in fact, still be shady. A lot of managers are, intentionally or not. It goes with the territory when promoting or protecting a brand. I understand that, too. That's probably one reason why people don't understand that I can still like Jon, even when I say things about him lying to the press or changing up his story to fit the situation. But that's his job now. He's "Doc" when it comes to covering up the bad press or greasing the wheels to keep the machine going forward. It's a dirty job sometimes; but somebody's gotta do it. And it takes brains and figuring out your moves well ahead of the game.

So whether it's Doc or Richie, if either one of them is calculating enough to think, "Hey! Let's wait til Bon Jovi's new album comes out..." I figure they're also smart enough to follow that thought to get to, "...but we're never going to compete on the same scale as the band; and besides, that would only bring up all the negative sh!t and piss everybody off all over again." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that nothing would be gained by it.

The other part of that theory that doesn't make sense to me is that Richie's not the one who's been sitting on a finished album for almost a year now. A friend who follows Ori sent me an Instagram today that showed Richie in the studio "mixing". (I think it's the same one Rolo posted.) If they were simply waiting on the Jovi release, it seems to me that they would have been sitting on their own album months ago just waiting for the Jovi album to come out so they could ride the wave.

At any rate, that's just my two cents. Not worth too much in today's market, I'm afraid.