View Single Post

Old 07-30-2016, 04:18 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J.F. View Post
I get your points as well. Those of us that are being entertained do tend to forget it isn't called the music business for nothing. Sports are a business as well. A player can't really say I'm not interested in this game so I'm going to skip it. Or if they did there would be consequences that they would have to face.

And since as promised I'm listening to Aftermath it is indeed all right there clear as day. Richie was indeed already gone from Bon Jovi before he actually left.
Yes it is a business: JackieBlue likes to blow a lot of smoke but her timelines don't add up. I'm not buying her "Poor Richie Was Worked To Death" pity party.

The Greatest Hits tour ended July 31st 2011. Jon always vacations with his family during August and September... So that's when Richie first had off.

Jon started writing after his family vacation for a possible acoustic style solo album. Jon also did the Stand Up Guy tracks. Richie had PLENTY of time off. He used that time to start a solo album...

Yes, there was a window where Richie had to put his solo album on hold to work on WAN... He's only credited as a writer on 5 of the 12 tracks. However, just like this new album, WAN was completed close to year before it's release date...

Jon worked with Shanks on finishing the album, Richie finished his solo album... Jon vacations in August / September 2012. Aftermath was released in September 2012, Richie promoted it. The WAN tour kicked off in February 2013. So even during that period alone (August 2012 to February 2013), Richie had off 6 months.

In summary, Time off from Tour to Tour was July 31st 2011 through February 10th 2013. A Year and a Half... Lets assume that within that time, Richie contributed 4 or 5 months to WAN. He still had over a year off... He had off 6 months, worked for 5 on WAN, and had off another 7. He maximized that time with a solo album and promo. Good for him but knew the deal. They needed to get two albums and tours out by 2015. It's just one of the pitfalls of being a highly successful band...

Like I stated prior. I get both sides...