View Single Post

Old 07-30-2016, 11:27 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Good point, but I still think that we wouldn't have needed to rush that much with What About Now. There were (I can remember one from Tico) statements Jon said they would take a longer break after the 2010/11 tour. Had Jon been obliged to deliver an album by the date of early 2013 he wouldn't have said that. This man knows the business like the back of his pocket and he was trying to convince Tico to start playing on demo tracks in late 2011 (which Tico rejected).
I'm pretty sure a solo album would've done the job at that point as well. They went from 1995 up until 2000 without the release of a band album and it worked with Jon doing DA inbetween. But you can't make that much money from a solo tour and if you want to buy an NFL team really bad, you need to push the next record in order to have an excuse to go on tour.
All true! I think the band members expected a longer break and I think that was the intention... Jon rushed the album and like this new album, it was completed way before it's release date... They could have delayed the start of WAN and still met the same release date... Jon probably wanted to get it done...

Maybe a solo album by Jon and a band tour to promote it could have worked... but maybe the band members wouldn't want that...

I think part of their contract is to tour an album which would kinda explain the mini tour they did to promote BB...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk