View Single Post

Old 07-31-2016, 01:47 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
None of us knows Jon's contract and the details, but I don't think they would've needed to do 2 big tours for remaining albums. Since they obviously only had to deliver one record with new tracks (the record company didn't really care about Burning Bridges either in my book), they could've started on What About Now and then have their label release BB while being on tour, maybe incorporate one or two new songs into the set and tour on the back of both. They had done similar stuff with Crossroad leading into These Days, Crush leading into One Wild Night and The Circle leading into Greatest Hits. Each time the lines were blurred and the band just kept on touring on the name of whatever was the current release at each point.
Burning Bridges is by all accounts a new album with new songs. The songs were newly recorded and the songs weren't released before on any other format, so yes they delivered 2 albums. The fact that it wasn't promotes properly and wasn't treated with the same care as the other albums falls more on Jon's shoulders than the record company's...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk