View Single Post

Old 08-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I don't think Rich walked off on a whim. I think fans made their minds up and judged too soon. I don't know what caused the split and I don't blame at all if I can help it. It's a waste of time. But I don't like loose ends, so I try to solve things.
Richie didn't walk oof on a whim, no. He stated many times the reason why he walked off: he needed to spend more time with his daughter, which he did for 3 weeks at best before being the usual wreck he's been more or less regularly for the last 10 years.
It's easy to understand the split. It probably stems from overlapping schedules. Richie blames jon for not letting him enough time for touring for AOTL, so successful a tour he had to cancel shows or play in front of 250 people.
In short, Richie couldn't stand being the sidekick he often boasted about being. And the unfortunate truth for him is that even today's Jon will always be a better frontman than he is, watching the videos around the internet of Richie playing the last 3 years definetely proves it.
About the way Richie's absence was announced to the crowd the infamous day, I can't see anything wrong about it. The numerous times he had to be replaced on previous tours was for health issues, this time it was because his grown-up daughter might miss him...
You may love Richie but it's difficult not to recognize he's an unprofessional mother****er.

About the band of brothers stuff, I can't see nothing wrong in 4 guys in their 50s/60s behaving differently from what they did back in the late 80s/early 90s. Does that mean the band of brothers thing was a fake back then? I don't think so, just like I thing it may not be a sham after so prevalent a member as Richie left.

Anyway, I think the video is great. It's nostalgic in a way but I like the way all the members are included. That's good, all the more as Bon Jovi videos had sucked since HAND. All the first part with Jon driving reminds me a lot of the Destination anywhere pictures, quite nice.