View Single Post

Old 08-14-2016, 06:32 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Apology accepted...

You're very difficult to debate with you because you have a contradicting answer to everything... ...
Well, my daddy always said I'd argue with a fencepost. And it apparently took him about as long as it did you to get around to saying it. He said the first time he told me that I was 3 years old.

But how does contradicting answers make a debate difficult? Isn't that what a debate is - a discussion in which opposing arguments are proposed?

Quote:
...I think Symbeline is correct by stating that you have a very unhealthy approach and might need to step away from the band just to clear out your thoughts so you can move forward... These discussions took place years ago and like it or hate it, it is what it is right now for most of us. ...
And as I told Symbeline, I'm fine. The only thing that may be unhealthy is the amount of time I sit on my backside responding to posts instead of exercising or doing something else productive.

The suggestion seems to imply that I'm delusional or devastated. I'm neither; I assure you.

I KNOW that I don't know the whole story. I know that when I offer theories, they're just that: theories, what-ifs, possible explanations.

I'm 99-44/100% sure that nobody else who posts on fan boards knows the whole story either. But the difference is that some of them profess to somehow KNOW that what they believe or assume is the absolute truth; whereas I'm just contemplating things while I wait for the rest of the story to unfold.

I'm not devastated, either. I'm sad that Bon Jovi isn't what it once was, but not debilitatingly so. The band sounds great in the new song. I saw Richie last weekend and he looks great, too. Stone-cold sober, fit, getting his chops back, and having a rockin' good time. Life goes on, man; and I'm right there with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "These discussions took place years ago and like it or hate it, it is what it is right now for most of us."

I'd like to understand what you're getting at, but since my guess is that it has more to do with me and my disagreement with prevailing theory than it does with the subject of this thread, please PM me your explanation, so others can get on with discussion about the video.

Quote:
I want to live in the now and Richie has NOTHING to do with this Song, Video, or Album...
No "contradicting answers" here.

See my previous response to Captain Jovi (#67: paragraph #1 after the parenthetical).

By all means, live in the now, RDK! But you better step on it, because if you're waiting' on me, buddy, you're backing up.