View Single Post

Old 08-14-2016, 07:27 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll View Post
Richie didn't walk oof on a whim, no. He stated many times the reason why he walked off: he needed to spend more time with his daughter, which he did for 3 weeks at best before being the usual wreck he's been more or less regularly for the last 10 years.
It's easy to understand the split. It probably stems from overlapping schedules. Richie blames jon for not letting him enough time for touring for AOTL, so successful a tour he had to cancel shows or play in front of 250 people.
In short, Richie couldn't stand being the sidekick he often boasted about being. And the unfortunate truth for him is that even today's Jon will always be a better frontman than he is, watching the videos around the internet of Richie playing the last 3 years definetely proves it.
About the way Richie's absence was announced to the crowd the infamous day, I can't see anything wrong about it. The numerous times he had to be replaced on previous tours was for health issues, this time it was because his grown-up daughter might miss him...
You may love Richie but it's difficult not to recognize he's an unprofessional mother****er.
You and I have already been down this road, Roll. I'm not derailing another thread to cover the same ground with you. It's beating a dead horse; and none of this has anything to do with the subject of this thread. As I said to RDK in my previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
...I KNOW that I don't know the whole story. I know that when I offer theories, they're just that: theories, what-ifs, possible explanations.

I'm 99-44/100% sure that nobody else who posts on fan boards knows the whole story either. But the difference is that some of them profess to somehow KNOW that what they believe or assume is the absolute truth; whereas I'm just contemplating things while I wait for the rest of the story to unfold...

Quote:
About the band of brothers stuff, I can't see nothing wrong in 4 guys in their 50s/60s behaving differently from what they did back in the late 80s/early 90s. Does that mean the band of brothers thing was a fake back then? I don't think so, just like I thing it may not be a sham after so prevalent a member as Richie left.
I've already covered this, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
...Richie has nothing to do with whether the current "band of brothers" is a sham or not. How could he? He's out of the picture... It's NOT a sham if they're a band of brothers because Richie's not there... It's not a sham if they're a band of brothers at all. It's only a sham if they're NOT a band of brothers, but trying to promote themselves as one because they know that's what the fans believe in and that's what will "rally the troops"...

Quote:
Anyway, I think the video is great. It's nostalgic in a way but I like the way all the members are included. That's good, all the more as Bon Jovi videos had sucked since HAND. All the first part with Jon driving reminds me a lot of the Destination anywhere pictures, quite nice.
I'm glad you like it, Roll. I love the new song and will probably like the video too, when I get around to watching it.

A friend sent me an email this morning with a link to the DA video saying that the new one reminded her of DA, too. I think there have been a lot of fans saying that on some of the other boards she follows as well.