View Single Post

Old 10-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce442 View Post
Everyone's tastes are different and I'm obviously in the minority here. And while I don't disagree with anything you said (with the exception that Teardrops is great - again... minority), there's something missing.

Forgive me if my thoughts aren't completely hashed out, but I just put my finger on it. These 3 songs (Teardrops, WWYDF, and Fingerprints) are the songs that are missing Richie the most. I have problems with Teardrops melody in the chorus, but the song would be greatly improved with his harmony. Fingerprints and WWYDF both would benefit from having his harmony and guitar work. I think that's it.
You and I aren't usually that far apart on our likes/dislikes for songs with the exception now of this one. The 3 songs you rate the lowest are absolutely the stand outs for me (I listened to BB in it's entirety on my run last night). I don't disagree they tend to lend themselves more to Jon solo because of the darker feel to them but regardless so glad they made it on to this release so they didn't wind up sitting on a shelf unheard.