View Single Post

Old 10-31-2016, 05:21 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbeline View Post
Because it's clearly a song for the diehards who appreciate that style (exactly how many casual fans bought DA? or the singles from Crush and Bounce?) and it's on an ultra deluxe edition for diehards...

I love the song but it would kill the atmosphere on a show. I even doubt they'll do Real Love, it's the type of song Jon loves but knows fans hate. It's basically their 2016 Open All Night (the Bounce one). Their shows need desperately energy. It fits perfectly in a RT thing so all hope is not lost

But yeah, one of the best, easily top5
You're listing arguments why it should not be played on tour. And for the most part I agree. However, these were the shows for die-hards, not casuals. Hence, it should've been played.

That being said, I'm positively surprised to see so many fans of this song. When I first heard it, I thought it'd be my guilty pleasure and most people here would hate it because of loops, ending and general 'cheesiness'. Glad to be wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukoc7 View Post
And even though I personally like the ending, I can't imagine them doing that type of ending live.
Easily. Either use playback or have the band (David, Phil, Everett) sing it live to give it a different feel. Either way works, I don't see an obstacle here.

Last edited by Walleris; 10-31-2016 at 05:23 PM..