View Single Post

Old 09-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Remembering 9/11, Christie style

Quote:
Observer.com: On (September 9), Gov. Chris Christie took a swipe at Mayor Bill de Blasio for a culture of “lawlessness” in New York City. Police Commissioner Bill Bratton smacked back hard, calling Mr. Christie a “fool” and warning him to “stay within your own neighborhood” and even bringing up Bridgegate. “When he gets Trenton, when he gets Newark, when he gets Camden to be anywhere near as safe as New York City, then he might be able to criticize us," Mr. Bratton added...
For shame, and two days before 9/11, when New York and New Jersey should be united by grief. Way to set a good example for your constituents, guys, and to look presidential, Chris. But why?

Quote:
This (story) is the product of interviews with two people who were present...(The) bad blood...dates back four years...(to) the 10th anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center...

On September 10, 2011...the Christie family drove...(to) the Intercontinental Hotel in (New York City), because coming into the city the next morning with all the security around the Ground Zero ceremony would certainly be a hassle. The dignitaries...always have to gather early so that everyone is in place for the 8:46 a.m. commemoration...President Obama and (former) President Bush were to join (New York) Gov. Cuomo, Gov. Christie and (New York City's mayor) in laying a wreath...So around 7 a.m., the Christie family loaded into the detail’s SUV...The route had been thoroughly rehearsed by Mr. Christie’s advance team, in conjunction with the state police and Secret Service...

David Samson, Bill Baroni, David Wildstein and Port Authority Superintendent of Public Safety Michael A. Fedorko were among a large group of PA brass as well as two NJ state troopers and a contingent of Port Authority police officers who were standing at the gate on West Street at the corner of Vesey waiting for the governor’s car to arrive.

All of a sudden...a New York City police officer...stopped the motorcade in the street and said, “You can’t go here. You can’t come in.” The NJ state trooper...showed his identification and told the officer...“This is Gov. Christie and his family in the SUV.” The officer...said he had his instructions from New York City police about who had been cleared by the Secret Service and he won’t budge. Then the Port Authority police guy got out of his car, which elevates the situation from a police-to-police courtesy, since Port Authority police have police power in the entire State of New York. He explained to the officer that the governor needed to be driven through but this cop won’t budge. The PAPD guy said, “Why don’t you call a supervisor?” The cop replied, “I don’t have to. I’ve been told no.”

According to two people, the entire delegation witnessing the scene had the feeling from the officer’s tone that he had been specifically told not to let Gov. Christie in. As the argument intensified...Gov. Christie exited the car...and began screaming at the cop...“I’ll walk the rest of the way!” He took a few steps, then turned back and said, clear as a bell, (to) "tell (the New York City Police Commissioner) to go f*ck himself."
The NYC cop didn't recognize either Christie or a uniformed New Jersey state trooper, blew off a Port Authority official and refused to double-check with his chain of command? And to think that the very reason why Christie was there was to remember a day that forced the entire nation to be more diligent about coordinating its security measures.

I hope that cop got the boot, the sack, AND the bum's rush. And I would say that Christie and his party still have every right to be angry at New York City's police commissioner and mayor, except...except that in 2011, New York City's police commissioner and mayor were Ray Kelly and Mike Bloomberg, NOT Bill Bratton and Bill DiBlasio...

He can't even hold a grudge right.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-02-2015 at 01:27 PM..