View Single Post

Old 03-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Something for the Posts

Default The first few particles of post-intestinal residue

have made physical contact with the rotating air cooling apparatus:

Quote:
Emails show Christie's ex-campaign manager thanked ex-Port official for testimony that was eventually discredited

Governor Christie’s former campaign manager congratulated a top Port Authority executive for his now-discredited testimony before lawmakers claiming that the George Washington Bridge lane closures were part of a traffic study, records released on Monday show.

“Hey, great job yesterday,” Bill Stepien wrote to the Port Authority’s Deputy Executive Director Bill Baroni on Nov. 26. “I know it’s not a fun topic, and not nearly as fun as beating up on [former U.S. Sen.] Frank Lautenberg, but you did great, and I wanted to thank you.”

Lautenberg, a longtime Democratic U.S. senator from New Jersey whom Baroni sparred with in April 2012 when he was called to Washington, D.C., to testify about the Port Authority’s toll hikes, died in June of last year (at the age of 89).

The message was among more than a dozen previously unreleased texts and emails made public Monday when they were submitted to a Superior Court judge in Mercer County. The judge is weighing whether Stepien and Bridget Anne Kelly, Christie’s former deputy chief of staff, must comply with a legislative subpoena from an investigative committee seeking documents related to the closures.
Bragging about attacking the elderly? No doubt Stepien included that on his resume when he landed his new job with a politicial consulting firm. But the reason why this is particularly bad news for Governor Soprano is that unlike Kelly and Baroni, Stepien reported directly to him. Why would Baroni and Wildstein "inform" Stepien and not Christie? Why didn't Stepien inform Christie? Why tell Christie something he already knew?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-05-2014 at 12:44 AM..