View Single Post

Old 03-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Something for the Posts

Default The Bombshell has landed!

This thread was supposed to be nothing more than some posts about Bruce Springsteen making fun of Chris Christie's corruption problems -- here's a pic and video, ha ha, thank you and good night.

I wouldn't have given a damn about what has transpired since then except that Governor Soprano and his crew (I mean, Governor Christie and his administration) seems to have decided to play "Can You Top This?" But all in all, their hypocrisies, intimidation, and monumental bluffing are "just bricks in a wall" of reasons why Bruce was right in having the common sense (and moral courage) to publicly shun Christie.

So I now declare this thread to be a stealth defense of Bruce, and I am beyond grateful for the number of views you've given it. However, I am also quite prepared to stop posting when Bridge(t)-Gate ends -- and it looks like that day has arrived:

Quote:
The New York Times: With his office suddenly engulfed in scandal over lane closings at the George Washington Bridge, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey two months ago summoned a pair of top defense lawyers from an elite law firm to the State House and asked them to undertake an extensive review of what had gone wrong. Now, after 70 interviews and at least $1 million in legal fees to be paid by state taxpayers...it has uncovered no evidence that the governor was involved in the plotting or directing of the lane closings.

...(T)he lawyers were able to piece together communications leading up to, during and after the lane shutdowns, despite the lack of cooperation from Ms. Kelly, Mr. Stepien and Mr. Wildstein...

Questioned about the credibility of an internal inquiry...Randy M. Mastro, the lawyer leading the internal investigation...said there was no incentive to sugarcoat the findings.

The review will be delivered to Mr. Christie, who has promised to make it public quickly without alterations. The work by Mr. Mastro’s firm is being paid for by state taxpayers, at a rate of $650 an hour...
Oh happy day! Christie is cleared, Kelly, Stepien and Wildstein are guilty, Samson's name never came up, Mastro can return to representing the Port Authority in a lawsuit over their toll hikes, and the taxpayers' money is well spent -- God's in heaven, all is right with the world! Once the state and Federal investigations confirm Christie's findings, it will officially be ALL OVER!!!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-15-2014 at 01:06 PM..