View Single Post

Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Bridge(t)-Gate internal report (spoiler alert)

Christie has managed to keep one political promise: He HAS been quick to release the internal review of Bridge(t)-Gate that he commissioned. All 360 pages of it can be downloaded from here (unless you only have time for a 4-page cover letter or a 16-page summary). But if you do decide to join me in plowing through them, keep these things in mind:

1. The review was assigned to a law firm that has done other legal work for the Christie administration. In fact, until recently, the lawyer who spearheaded the review team was also in charge of representing the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in a lawsuit about toll increases.

2. Though the review team claims to have interviewed about 70 people, none of them were the people closest to reporting to Christie and who were terminated or transferred from their jobs: David Samson, David Wildstein and Bill Baroni of the PA; former chief of staff Kevin O'Dowd; deputy chief of staff Bridget Kelly; Bill Stepien and Matt Mowers of his political campaign. Also not interviewed was Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer and her associates concerning her accusation that some of Christie's associates told her that her city would receive no additional Hurricane Sandy funding if she didn't approve a land development deal that the Port Authority owned.

3. No one testified under oath, and there are no interview transcripts.

Despite its lack of objectivity, conflicts of interest and inevitable self-fulfilling prophecy, the report might make for a good read. But I won't give away the "ending" -- nobody likes a "spoiler!"

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-06-2015 at 06:17 AM..