View Single Post

Old 09-05-2014, 04:11 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
The above posts are so depressing all I can think of to say is: you just can't make this shit up - even if you tried very, very hard.
Earlier today, the former governor of Virginia and his wife were convicted of 20 corruption crimes between them. He turned down a deal where his wife would be freed if he pleaded guilty to only one crime. Now they're looking at around 20 years each, 85% of which they'll have to serve just to qualify for parole.

And about two weeks ago, the Feds indicted the governor of Texas for abuse of power. He tried to cut off funding to -- WAIT FOR IT! -- the prosecutors who specialize in investigating state-level corruption!

So far, the Feds have Christie dead to rights on participating in the Bridge(t)-Gate coverup, and on allowing Dave Samson to run the Port Authority along with a law firm whose clients did business with the Port Authority. So I hope no one has any bright ideas about holding the Feds hostage for an immunity deal!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 01-17-2016 at 08:09 AM..