View Single Post

Old 05-25-2015, 06:53 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Gov. Christie loses his marbles on national TV | Editorial

NJ.com 5/20:
For months, we have wondered how Gov. Chris Christie thinks he can win the presidency when New Jersey is in such rotten shape after his six years in office.

Now we may have our answer: The man has lost touch with reality.
Please take note that this is an editorial opinion rather than a hard news story. Taking exception to one's political policies is one thing, but describing someone in print as "losing his marbles" is quite another. A statement -- an accusation -- of that nature had better be strongly backed up.

Quote:
NJ.com 5/18: A...poll found that 65 percent of (New Jersey) voters think Christie would not make a good president, compared to only 29 percent who think he would.

"They want me to stay," Christie told Fox's Megyn Kelly, "A lot of those people in that 65 percent want me to stay. And I've heard that from lots of people at town hall meetings -- 'Don't leave to run for president because we want you to stay.'"

...(T)he highest ratings Christie ever received were a 73 percent approval...in January 2013, according to a...poll taken a few months after Hurricane Sandy. His nadir came last week, when a...poll found only 35 percent of New Jersey voters approved of Christie's job as governor...

"The fact is that polls in New Jersey will go up and down," Christie said..."It's bounced back and forth over the five and a half years because I do things...of consequence that people will either agree with or disagree with."
Well, since when are polls "reality?" A couple of hundred people do not speak for an entire state, and certainly not an entire nation. Plus, there's always the question of how accurate polls are. Sixty-five percent think Christie would be a bad president, and 65 per cent now think he's a bad governor? That doesn't prove a thing. For example, when Mitt Romney ran for president in 2012 he said, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for (President Obama) no matter what...My job is not to worry about those people." And what happened? HE ended up with 47 per cent of the vote, so there!

Quote:
NorthJersey.com 5/21: Christie, appearing on CNBC’s Squawk Box, said he was branded as “guilty” by media outlets, but an internal investigation he commissioned, a legislative inquiry led by Democrats and a federal investigation have all cleared him of an involvement in the incident.

“I was guilty, guilty. I had done it,” he said. “Now we’re 15 months later, where are the apologies pouring in? Not one thing I said on the day after the bridge situation has been proven to be wrong.”
But his internal investigation wasn't independent and didn't involve the people who were indicted, the legislative panel contained someone who was directly implicated in Bridge(t)-Gate, and the federal investigation of Bridge(t)-Gate isn't over until sentences are handed down. And he used to BE a federal-level attorney? What is the sound of one marble dropping?

About that Romney quote: it was made at a fundraiser that was supposed to be closed to the press and the public, but a waiter videotaped it. Here's Christie speaking at a recent annual press fundraiser:

Quote:
IB Times: It’s a tradition of the New Jersey press corps to hold an annual fundraiser for scholarships...The reporters wear costumes and perform dances; the governor gives a speech. Lobbyists, media organizations and politicians buy tables...(Reporter Phil) Mulshine, (who)...sang a song questioning the sexuality of U.S. Sen. Cory Booker...said he understood the event to be off the record...

“Anything that gets me off this f------ stage next year, I’m willing to do anything,” Christie said. “Why do you think I might run for president? Cause I don’t know what primary is in May 2016 next year, but if I’m at 1 f------ percent, I will be there.”

He focused much of his ire on Mulshine...“Tonight, a song on Cory Booker being gay, oh, you have really reached a new high, pat yourself on the back,” Christie said sarcastically.

Christie mocked (reporter Claude) Brodesser-Akner: “This is a guy who says he doesn’t know what I’m doing every day...Then just get the f--- away from me. Every time I turn the corner in New Hampshire, you and that beard are there. So here’s my suggestion: Open your eyes, clean the s--- out of your ears, and pay attention.”

In past years, Christie has made a video for the event, including one he did with Cory Booker that went viral...But Christie told the roomful of reporters that he wasn’t interested in producing more videos. “The reason we don’t have a video is that we just don’t give a s--- anymore,” Christie said.“We don’t give a s--- about this or any of you.”
Appreciate his taking a stand against gay innuendo, however short it was. And now for the real reason why Christie didn't do a video: while he has reduced his food intake, Christie is still a glutton for retribution.

He was more interested in taking the opportunity to curse out the press than in taking the opportunity to at least appear to be presidential (which he could have made public). With the event being off the record, the press would be too embarrassed to quote him, and if they did, he could always deny it. Well, an audio recording has been made public, forcing Christie's spokesperson to reiterate that “all of the songs and acts of the night, including the Governor’s obvious parody of himself, were in jest and along with the spirit of the evening."

What are those ripping and rattling noises? Well, let's just say that there appears to be a hole in Governor Soprano's marble bag...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-02-2015 at 07:59 PM..