View Single Post

Old 05-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Quote:
New Jersey Watchdog.Org:...During a town hall meeting...(a) 7-year-old Cub Scout...asked the Governor, “How many bodyguards do you have?”

“There are 30 men and women who work for me, who are in the state police, and they’re members of what’s called the Executive Protection Unit,” answered Christie...

EPU travel costs reached $492,420 in 2014...The total for EPU travel in Christie’s first five years as governor exceeds $1.15 million. How most of that money was spent remains a mystery...

(A) public records lawsuit is scheduled to be heard May 28...The governor’s office argues (that it)..would jeopardize the governor’s safety by disclosing how many troopers are assigned to EPU. Yet that’s exactly what Christie detailed at the town hall meeting...and again by posting a clip of the episode on YouTube.
And here's the best part -- two weeks later, the video is STILL there! ...(I)s Christie planning to testify that he lied to the kid?

UPDATE:
Quote:
NJ Watchdog.org: A New Jersey judge is giving Gov. Chris Christie one more chance to explain why his office should not release to New Jersey Watchdog records of nearly $1 million his state police protectors charged to his office’s American Express credit cards...

The key was a YouTube video posted by the governor’s office from a town hall meeting during which Christie revealed so-called security secrets, particularly the number of state troopers assigned to the Executive Protection Unit.

(D)uring a hearing in Mercer County Superior Court...Judge Mary C. Jacobson (said that): “I’m not convinced it is essential to the governor’s security to withhold details," criticized his attitude about security as “cavalier," (and that) the video “completely undermines” Christie’s reasons for refusing to turn over the documents...

“I certainly wish the governor wouldn’t have made those comments,” agreed Deputy Attorney General Daniel M. Vannella, tasked with defending the governor’s secrecy claim.

“If he made a mistake, they shouldn’t have put it up on YouTube,” Jacobson remarked.

Before she rules...Jacobson agreed to allow (the) head of EPU to submit a secret certification to explain why the state believes the records should remain confidential....by June 12...

P.S. And here's the best part -- FOUR weeks later, the video is STILL there!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-20-2015 at 07:35 AM..