Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Bruce Springsteen Mocks New Jersey Governor

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 06-30-2015, 04:12 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
I think that you and I are the only ones reading this shit LOL. It's nice to have someone to share with though
I don't think I've read each post 63 times, but if you have, too, that would account for the 21,500 views, LOL!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Old 06-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Reverb Press: ...(O)n Tuesday, June 30th, Christie plans to announce his run for the Presidency at the public high school from which he graduated...

If Christie had treated cops the way he’s treated teachers and was announcing his presidential bid at a police precinct, hundreds of cops would be barricading the door and refusing to let him in...
Quote:
North Jersey.com: Governor Christie launched his long-awaited presidential campaign Tuesday...(before) a crowd of about 1,000 inside Livingston High School, his alma mater...
Quote:
North Jersey.com: More than a thousand demonstrators - mostly dressed in red and carrying banners and signs - congregated on the front lawn outside Livingston High School Tuesday morning to protest Governor Christie announcing his presidential bid.
Quote:
New York Times: With two pillars of his presidential run — his record and his judgment — looking wobblier than ever, Mr. Christie must build a campaign around his most raw and prodigious asset: his personality...
Shouldn't that be "his personality DEFECTS?" He's currently tied for sixth place with 5% of the vote in a field of 14 candidates. And so it begins, LOL!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-01-2015 at 06:38 AM..
Old 06-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

http://www.app.com/story/entertainme...usic/29514369/

It's a slow news day...
Old 06-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Quote:
Chris Christie campaign powered by Bon Jovi music: (http://www.app.com/story/entertainme...music/29514369)

Christie, who announced his candidacy for president at Livingston High School on...June 30, walked to the school's podium to We Weren't Born to Follow. After the announcement, the rocker's Have A Nice Day and Who Says You Can't Go Home were played as exit music...
It's a slow news day...
I think it just sped up, LOL! Is Bon Jovi about to make another entry in the "Victims of Songs Getting Pre-empted by Politicians" Hall Of Fame?

Asbury Park Press:
Hillary Clinton attended a fundraiser hosted by Jon Bon Jovi at the Molly Pitcher Inn (June 30)...which donors...attend(ed) for campaign donations...Attendees tweeted from the event, including photos of Clinton speaking and Bon Jovi playing guitar...
Of course, Richie wrote those songs, too -- maybe it was he who gave Christie permission...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-30-2015 at 09:04 PM..
Old 06-30-2015, 08:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Jon seems to have a friendly relationship with Christie when they have mutual interests. He probably gave him permission to use the songs if he asked nicely. LOL
Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Nope - Jon gave him permission:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...-2015-democrat

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:04 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post

Quote:
"My friendships are apolitical and yes, I absolutely gave him permission to use the songs,” he told Billboard through a spokesperson...
I sincerely hope that's the honest truth and Jon isn't just trying to cover his ass. Why? Because to the Chris Christie that I've come to know, retribution is practically a sacrament, that's why.
Quote:
A devout Bruce Springsteen fan, Christie attempted to get the Boss to perform at his 2009 inauguration party. The longtime Democrat declined, so Christie hired a Springsteen cover band.
He didn't hire that cover band because he loved Bruce that much any more than he blocked access to that bridge because he wanted to do a traffic study. He's even gone as far as to remove a state police security detail from a former New Jersey governor who criticized him. Here's an illustrated guide:
http://www.gq.com/story/the-chris-christie-story
And I hope that Christie will have enough class (if not common sense) not to play Bon Jovi music in the future now that Jon has an official "political friendship" with Hillary.

Last edited by rocknation; 06-11-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Old 07-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Why would Jon have any reason to lie to cover his ass? He wouldn't. It's well established that Jon and Chris Christie get along and share some of the same charitable interests.

If Jon gave him permission to use the music to announce his campaign, I see no reason for him not to continue to use it. I'm sure he intends to use the music all along the campaign trail, at least until he gets knocked out of the race. Let's face it... he's not going to be on the ballot in November.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:28 AM
These Days

Not a good move by Jon to agree on this.

Republicans don't have a very good image (at least internationally) these days, from what I read, neither does Christie. Him using Bon Jovi songs immediately creates associations Jon should try to avoid considering his political views are completely opposite. I think people pay attention to these things.

Also, is Jon going to support Hillary next year or someone else? Or is that uncertain at this point?

Last edited by Walleris; 07-01-2015 at 12:35 AM..
Old 07-01-2015, 12:41 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Well, in the USA, just as many people hate Hillary as hate Christie. So by associating with either one of them, Jon will lose supporters. It's like I said in another thread. Hillary (or Christie) will lose no support by being associated with Jon. Jon, on the other hand, WILL lose support by associating with either one of them. That's why I wish he'd keep his nose out of politics.