View Single Post

Old 03-08-2015, 02:19 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Favorite TV Shows/Characters/Actors

Okay, since the board has been declared "dead," here's something to talk about--past and/or present, what are your favorite shows/actors/characters. And, just to spice it up, throw in the characters/actors you hated.

My #1 All Time Favorite, best show ever:
Quantum Leap/Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett and Dean Stockwell as Al Calavicci. There were only two main characters on the show.

Past:
The Golden Girls/Betty White as Rose

House, M.D./Jesse Spencer as Dr. Robert Chase. I HATED Olivia Wilde as Thirteen. When they brought in the new team they sucked the life out of that show and she was the worst of the worst. Thirteen was an awful character and I've never seen a worse actress than Olivia Wilde. I was so glad when she left.

Another World/Tom Eplin as Jake McKinnon

As the World Turns/Roger Howarth as Paul Ryan

Present:
Forever/Ioan Gruffud as Dr. Henry Morgan
This is the BEST new show I've seen in a long time. More people need to be watching it.

Chicago Fire/Jesse Spencer as Lt. Matthew Casey. I like the whole cast.

Chicago PD/No real favorite... I pretty much watch it because of the Chicago Fire tie-ins. Next season... Chicago Med (for real, they're trying to launch it this season imbedded in Fire/PD).

NCIS: New Orleans/Scott Bakula as Agent Pride. I only watch it because of Scott Bakula. If he wasn't in it, I wouldn't reserve an hour for it.

Bones/I like the whole cast. This show is in its 10th year and it's still great. They write female characters well... unlike House where all the female characters eventually became annoying.

The Middle/I like all the characters. VERY funny show.

Days of Our Lives/Alison Sweeney as Sami Brady... now that she's gone the show has really gone downhill. I hate the character of Will Horton and I think Guy Wilson is an AWFUL actor. Of course, a lot of the younger actors on this show are duds. I pretty much just play it while I'm doing stuff around the house these days.

General Hospital/Roger Howarth as Franco and Michelle Stafford as Nina Clay. I only started watching this about a year ago because they brought in Thaao Penghlis (a favorite from Days) as Victor Cassadine, but they killed him off. It's so much better than Days that I keep watching it though.

I record everything with my DVR so I can fast forward through commercials. I watch the soaps during the week. I'm usually awake to watch NCIS:NO and I TRY to stay up to watch Forever, but usually fall asleep and watch it the next night. Everything else, I watch during the weekend.