View Single Post

Old 01-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Tokyo Road

Well, I got married on Halloween, which was one of the best days of my life, and had a fantastic honeymoon in Barcelona and Madrid for 12 nights, so the end of the year was great!

Prior to that was pretty good too, lots of it was taken up with wedding planning of course, but I did find time to go to a number of gigs and shows (Frank Turner, Circus Of Horrors, Jeff Dunham, Nine Inch Nails, and my new favourite gig of all time: Pearl Jam at Milton Keynes Bowl), and three seperate stag nights in Canterbury (where I went to Uni), Brighton and London.

Nothing massively negative has happened either, the endless rain at the beginning of the year was a bit of a downer (local flooding and transport disruption wasn't much fun), and only getting to see my wife for ten or so hours in an average week (she's a chef and works most evenings and all weekend) is a bit rubbish too. But I suppose that the bad weather and missing my wife makes the times of sunshine and spending time with my wife that much better.

So overall, I'm pretty happy! Hopefully over the next year my wife and I will both learn to drive, and I will finish the novel I have been writing for the last 18 months. Then I'll be trying to get it published, and we'll see how everything goes from there!

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!