Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Anything Thread NBJ Version

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 06-10-2016, 07:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Anything Thread NBJ Version

I like the idea of the Anything Thread, so I thought we could use one for "How's life treating you?" The forum used to be more of a community where we shared such things. So I'll go out on a limb and start... I hope I don't wind up waving in the wind.

I had to put our 13 year old Great Pyrenees Chase to sleep a couple of weeks ago. The vet said she was ancient for her breed and had lived a good life and to look at like I was doing one last favor for a friend, but I hate playing God. I knew I was doing the right thing, but I felt like I was betraying her too.

My brother immediately wanted to go out and get another dog so we went to a flea market and he got a long little doggie that's black and white with short legs. I named her Jamie. She's very docile and laid back. Mixed breed. Maybe some rat terrier. Not sure. At the same flea market, I saw some jerkwad selling cats and he had one kitten in with the group that was only about 4 weeks old and they had no water and were in direct sunlight and this poor little thing was about to have a stroke. It was panting and it's heart rate and respiration were too high and you could tell it's temp was over 100 just by feeling it. I dug $5 out of my change purse and bought it just so I could get it to the car and get it in air conditioning and give it some water. He's doing great now. His name is probably Oliver. I told the man selling the cats they needed some water and shade.

I've been painting my house and I'm just about sick of it. I had no idea I knew how to paint, but I do! WOW! Of course my house looks like a disaster area with everything shoved int the middle of rooms and stuff from the bedroom in the living room and stuff from the this room in that room. It's horrendous. The walls are awesome though, what's done of them. BTW, crown molding and baseboards are a pain. LOL Door frames aren't much fun either.

SO, that's my life right now. How about you?

Old 06-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Your walls look great Becky. Painting is one of the most satisfactory things to do. You can change things drastically with a paint job and you get a lot of bang for your buck. The problem with painting though - is that the actually painting is quick and pretty easy but the surface prep is the most important part and it's a killer.

And Oh you softie - another kitten. I probably would have done the same thing.

I am helping plan a wedding in Vermont. My second son is getting married in November - for the first time. He and his fiancee are both 35 and I think he finally got it right. The wedding is in a barn and the guests stay for the weekend - should be a great party

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:18 AM
Something for the Posts

Default My new grand-niece

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...
Old 06-11-2016, 01:35 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

She's adorable.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:31 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Barn weddings are really "in" right now. It ought to be a great party and Vermont is so lovely, the setting is sure to be beautiful.

Aside from some touching up, I've gotten the front half of the house that I was planning on painting done. Whew! I just have to get the furniture back in place. Then I'm painting my bedroom next. I've worked my tail off for the last week. It's very rewarding to see that you can do something that you had no idea you could do and make such a change. Of course, now I want art and accents! I need a bigger budget!