Thread: UFC
View Single Post

Old 11-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Jovi FANatic

Default UFC

I'm a big fan of MMA and have followed the UFC from the early days of Tank Abbott to where it is today.

Is anyone else on here a fan?

Saturdays UFC205 card was great and broke all records at MSG. It's a remarkable rise in popularity in just 23yrs.

Now, I'm a big Conor McGregor fan. He's got a ferocious left hand, great speed and timing & has a decent takedown defence. A two weight World champion too. No doubt he is by far the most popular fighter in the UFC.

But I really feel he's pushing the boundaries too much in his public comments about wanting equity within the company. They are making phenomenal money, and Conor is undoubtedly receiving a handsome paycheque too. But to keep questioning and suggesting they (UFC) owe him a debt of gratitude, is taking it a bit too far.

He's a PR dream, and he deserves his spotlight. But as the Diaz fight(s) proved, it's a ruthless sport and a few consecutive defeats could hugely dent his box office appeal.

So while I understand he's trying to get as much as he can, while he can - what sort of business is going to grant him a share of the company he might not even work for 5yrs down the line?

Thoughts on any of the above, the UFC in general or the rivalry between boxing fans & MMA fans!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk