View Single Post

Old 04-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via MSN to Jayster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinFan View Post
Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong, and I'm honestly not trying to have a go at you, but is that something to be proud of? Everybody reserves their rights to do what they choose, but I've never heard of anybody who doesn't vote and is proud of it. Maybe that's something that differs in the culture over in the UK as opposed to the US.

The North Dakota election in 2014 was full of a bunch of bullshit pieces of legislature that I had no opinion one way or another on, but I still went out to vote on it so my voice was heard. I guess I'm in the camp that it's better to write in a candidate than not vote at all. At least your voice has been put out there that way.

Regardless of the nation, one should certainly not be able to complain about the elected officials if one did not vote.
Turn out at the 2012 US Election was 58.2% - there are millions of American's who don't vote and I'd say plenty are proud about it.

I agree that it's nothing to be proud of, though.

Australia is one of only a handful of countries where it's compulsory... but people get around it by not being registered to vote.

There are so many people completely politically impotent that are forced to vote or they are fined. I used to be in favour of compulsory voting, but not so sure now.
June 21st 2008 - Hampden Park, Glasgow
December 10th 2010 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
December 11th 2010 - Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
December 14th 2013 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney
December 15th 2013 - Sydney Entertainment Centre
February 26th 2014 - Enmore Theatre, Sydney - Richie Sambora