View Single Post

Old 09-18-2014, 04:46 AM
Something for the Posts

Default 9/13 Update from Christy

Via Instagram:
...I've had several dentist visits to make eating more comfortable and make my smile look more normal...I've...(been) made aware that I'm very lucky to have my vision...since the muscle is tethered by the fragments from the blowout fracture in my left eye.

My multiple nose fractures will be fixed in the next couple of months...(It has)...shifted on the inside...causing breathing issues... My top lip will regain movement in less than 6 months...looking forward to using straws again. My liver seems to be all right. I was admitted back to the hospital shortly after I was released the first time for some minor treatment...

Cutting what was left of my hair off, and losing 15 lbs (it's a lot when you're 5'1") made me feel even further away from myself. It's hard to look in the mirror every day and see someone you do not know...(H)aving makeup done and dressing up for yesterday's charity event...made me feel more normal and beautiful for the first time in a very long time.

The event that I went to was for Face Forward, a non-profit charity that funds...(reconstructive) surgeries for women and children...They are not funding me; my surgeries are being donated by other doctors. I met many wonderful people and look forward to working more with them in the future.

Meanwhile, Christy's accused assailant War "Jonathan Koppenhaver" Machine sits in jail awaiting trial on 32 charges including "attempted murder, sexual assault, battery, coercion...lewdness...battery constituting domestic violence, sexually motivated coercion and witness tampering." If he's having trouble raising bail and legal fees, he could take advantage of War Machine being his legal name and try his hand at suing this guy:
Quote:
(When) Wendell Oliveira (made) his (Ultimate Fighting Championship) debut...he had to answer several questions regarding Jonathan Koppenhaver’s alleged assault of ex-girlfriend Christy Mack.

Oliveira and Koppenhaver are both known as "War Machine," and some fans thought the Brazilian veteran was the one accused of the brutal assault.

"That was awful," Oliveira (said). "When the news came out, a lot of friends called me asking what happened because the stories had no photo in Brazil...We’re not the same person."

Oliveira...doesn’t plan to get rid of the "War Machine" nickname. "I won’t change my nickname because I’m the real 'war machine'...I honor this name, he doesn’t honor the sport. He has to find a new nickname for himself."

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 11-02-2015 at 03:14 AM..