View Single Post

Old 10-20-2014, 10:56 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Update: Koppenhaver suicide attempt delays court date

Here's the latest -- Days before he was due in court:
Quote:
(A) corrections officer...discovered (Koppenhaver) in his cell with a piece of linen tied to his bed and around his neck. He was described as being purple in the face and unresponsive. The officer cut the cloth away and the former fighter began breathing again...
Quote:
Raw Story: The suicide note...begins with a quotation from the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche — “To die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.”

...(He) sign(s)...off with another quote from Nietzsche, “Verily, I often laugh at the weaklings who think themselves good because they have no claws.”
Nietzsche? This guy is deep -- and I'll bet you thought he was just another pretty face!

And what has he to say to his lady love?
Quote:
MMA News: I truly love you and planned on being with you forever. I know...I wasn’t the best BF at times. When I left you in May it didn’t take me long to realize my mistake.

When we re-united I was 100% dedicated (but) something seemed different about you. It drove me crazy, but I knew that you still loved me because you kept telling me to get you the ring...Finding what I found that night was devastating...Not just the unfaithfulness, but the way U cared for him...

If I could do it all over again I’d just have laid down and let him beat me up. Maybe you still loved me enough to stop him and make him leave...Maybe you still loved me enough (or) to end that fling and re-commit to me…I forgive you, please forgive me, I love you...
Seeing as he tried, convicted, and nearly executed Christy all at once, forgiving her is the least he can do. It was a crime of passion, certainly. But was it a CRIME?
Quote:
It is one thing to catch a case when you set out to commit a crime, but catching a case when you have nothing but good intentions in your heart is just so hard to accept. The severity of the charges makes it that much worse.

They wanna charge me with battery and DV (domestic violence)? Fine, do it, but don’t railroad me with B.S. fantasy charges like: Rape! Attempted murder! Kidnapping! And burglary! It’s fcking ridiculous. And it’s making it impossible for justice.
He's right about the burglary charge -- entering an OCCUPIED dwelling without consent and committing a crime is called ROBBERY. In Nevada, not allowing someone to call the police or leave their residence is legal grounds for being charged with kidnapping (for which OJ Simpson was sentenced 8-30 years). The probability that you would have continued to beat Christy if she hadn't escaped is grounds for being charged with attempted murder. And you're not being charged with rape, but "open and gross lewdness." Christy has stated that you told her you INTENDED to rape her -- but you couldn't, to put it kindly, get started. And you call yourself an alpha male!

Unfortunately, War Machine is right about another thing: If he can convince the jury that Christy had sent him too many "mixed signals" about the status of their relationship, they might decide that his reaction had been "provoked" and he had not acted "unreasonably."

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-18-2018 at 04:27 PM..