View Single Post

Old 10-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
That is a very different story from 'unlimited' money. This squad was not built with infinite money but with a great youth academy (Schweinstriger, Lahm, Mueller, Alaba, Badstuber,) and very well targeted transfers, that rarely cost more than 25 million (only exceptions are Goetze, Martinez and Benatia). Our total transfer fees over the last 10 years were less than Liverpool's for example.

The reasons they WERE called FC Hollywood in the late 90s was not necessarily because of the many stars, in fact there weren't that many, but mostly because of the ego of a few. Specifically Juergen Klinsmann and Lotthar Matthaeus. They used to clash and fight and behave like divas so the press labeled them FC Hollywood. Those days are long over though.
I understand that they're in a totally different boat to the rest in that regard, but teams like Liverpool have to pay very large sums for players that Bayern could get for much less as Bayern are considered to be one of, if not the best team in the world at the moment. Everyone wants to play for them. That, coupled with the fact that they are very successful in every competition and that they have a strong and committed fans' association, results in a club that may as well have unlimited money as they can buy any player they want and poach talent from rivals.

I was over-exaggerating in my initial comment. What I was trying to say is that Bayern are in a position that, if they screw up it's definitely not that they lack player quality in any area unlike my poor old Arsenal