View Single Post

Old 05-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSantaFe View Post
Of course that's an excellent season. However I still think Heynckes was much better for you than the overrated Guardiola.
Heynckes was great but he had a team with a lot of players at the peak of their career. Robben, Ribery played the entire season and Ribery was at the same level as Cristiano that season, probably better than Messi. Lahm was unbelievable, Javi Martinez and Schweinsteiger were the best defensive midfielders in the world that year. So yes, Heynckes had huge merits but also, the age structure was perfect and the team was very hungry. Now they are older, have won it all, and it seems there is at least some friction between Guardiola and some of the players. I don't think Guardiola is overrated at all and I follow Bayern every season. That is only the second time in their entire glorious history that they win the league after a world cup which is huge. It's just that expectations have shifted to an insane level. Expecting the treble every season is not realistic. Let's not forget - Heynckes has 2 seasons, won one treble and the 3 second places. Guardiola in 2 seasons won 2 titles and one cup and went out in the semis each time. While Heynckes is more successful slightly, Guardiola is so far more consistent.