View Single Post

Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 View Post
It's like I've been saying on Facebook mate, voting NO isn't a vote against change. If the YES and NO campaigners actually realised that there are common arguments in both camps, they could work very well together as one voice to apply pressure and force change to the UK system, rather than just seek to break away and everybody fight their own corners.

The heated emotional response to this whole referendum could be harnessed and put to great use going forwards. Where there's a will, there's a way.

In truth, the NO campaign has been completely hijacked by Cameron et al. They think that things can be allowed to stay as they are but that's not what NO voters are about. We want change too but just feel that Scotland going independent is not the best way to achieve it.
I eventually did vote YES, and that wasn't to be but at least 45% of the population have indicated in a big way that they aren't happy with the status quo.

Now if only England and Wales and Northern Ireland would do the same we might see some real changes in this country.

The funny thing is Jude and I have been talking about moving down South anyway so she can be near her parents and that would have been the plan whether Independence happened or not, but the sheer disparity for example in house prices from Scotland to there looks like it'll make that virtually impossible.