View Single Post

Old 10-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Something for the Posts

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Bassist Apologizes For Inspiring LIMP BIZKIT
Quote:
Blabbermouth.Net: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE bassist Tim Commerford has (told) Rolling Stone that he's sorry for inspiring rap-metal bands like LIMP BIZKIT that came along in the wake of RAGE's success..."I do apologize for LIMP BIZKIT. I really do. I feel really bad that we inspired such bullshit. They're gone, though. That's the beautiful thing. There's only one left, and that's RAGE, and as far as I'm concerned, we're the only one that matters."

Commerford...climbed a 20-foot backdrop onstage as LIMP BIZKIT came up to accept the "Best Rock Video" award at the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards. (He) said about the incident: "It's aged like wine...Back in 2000, it was like, 'Dude, I saw you do that. What was that all about?' Now, it's like, 'Dude, I saw you do that. That was so ****in' awesome! I love that.'" Commerford, who spent a night in jail as a result of the incident, added that if he could do it again he would have "ripped that thing to the ground and shredded it."

The bassist is promoting his new band, WAKRAT, and also started an electronic music project earlier this year called FUTURE USER. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's new DVD, "Live At Finsbury Park", is set to be released October 16. The concert was filmed in 2010 in London.

Very amusing. But keep in mind that public feuds between bands (and between band members) can trickle down to mentally ill fanatical fans who might take it upon themselves to defend their hero's honor -- ask Phil Anselmo and Dimebag Darrell of Pantera. That's an aspect of rap that rock doesn't need to be influenced by!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 11-02-2017 at 08:05 PM..