View Single Post

Old 09-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Something for the Posts

And now for something completely similar:
Quote:
The (New York City Police Department) has dispensed a ($33,000US) settlement to three Brooklyn men who sued...after cops bizarrely mistook Jolly Rancher candies for crystal meth...

(Two men) were stopped by the cops shortly after leaving the It’Sugar candy (store)...where they had purchased various sweet treats including Jolly Ranchers...(A third man), standing nearby with his 3-year-old daughter, protested the arrests...(A)n officer...ordered (his) arrest...

Police Officers...handcuffed the men and claimed that an undercover colleague had observed them selling drugs...The (lawsuit) papers state, “Finding only candy, including the Jolly Rancher candy mentioned, the officers...searched them...repeatedly and told them it was 'only a matter of time' before they found something..."

Court documents...asserted that the cops had performed a field test on the candy and it tested positive for a controlled substance...After the suit was filed...the plaintiffs’ lawyer...said he was informed by the city that there was in fact no drug field test performed and that the cops insisted the district attorney's officer was never told otherwise.

"To my knowledge there is no evidence in the scientific literature that crystal meth looks like Jolly Ranchers or rock candy, other than from the Breaking Bad TV show," (said the) lawyer...

I also recall Sebastian Bach telling a story about drinking from a bottle of spring water before going onstage, which a cop mistook for a bottle of vodka! An "altercation" ensued, but the charges were eventually dropped. And I myself was once accused of jumping over a subway turnstile though I was weighed down with both a full-sized briefcase AND a 24 by 18 by 4-inch (70 by 46 by 10cm) portfolio at the time! Fortunately, the subway token clerk vouched for me.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-11-2019 at 05:17 AM..